The GDCh Division of Macromolecular Chemistry brings together interested parties from universities, research institutes and industry and pools expertise in the areas of polymer chemistry, physics and applications. Through intensive internal and external exchange, the Division faces the current challenges in research, application and training in the field of macromolecular sciences and contributes effectively to maintaining and promoting the competitiveness of Germany as a science and business location.
Our goals are:
- Promoting science and research in the field of polymer chemistry, polymer physics and the application of polymers/polymer materials (i) through the exchange of information and experiences beyond the boundaries of the polymer science disciplines and (ii) through discussion and collaboration with other Divisions of the GDCh, but also with associations and organizations in the field of polymer science,
- Dialogue about social developments and common goals of universities, institutes and industry,
- Securing excellent training and expanding a diverse university landscape
- Promotion and support of students and young academics in the field of polymer sciences as well as participation in the vocational training of professionals in the profession.
We pursue these goals, among other things, through:
- Organizing an international scientific lecture event, the Division conference “ MAKRO ”. The Conference usually takes place in even calendar years.
- Implementation of the young talent workshop at the university with the award of the Reimund Stadler Prize and scholarships for young talent. This workshop offers young academics the opportunity to present their own research to a selected specialist audience, thereby promoting networking among themselves, but also collaboration between universities, institutes and industry.
- Awarding travel grants
- Participation in the GDCh training program ( GDCh.academy )
Shortlink to this page: www.gdch.de/makro