According to the statutes, one of the goals of the GDCh is to promote chemistry-oriented scientific training. To this end, a large number of scientific courses and information events on professional vocational training are organized and offered every year.
The purpose of the commission's work is to promote the quality and acceptance of the GDCh advanced training courses.
The Commission for training has over the field of training of the office of the German Chemical Society in an advisory capacity and actively respect supports the office of the formulation of strategic objectives for education, with regard to the specific content design of the training program (topics acquisition and program selection) as well as in ensuring the course quality.
The commission for advanced training is appointed by the GDCh Board.
Members of the Training Commission
Dr. Matthias Urmann, Frankfurt (Chairman)
Dr. Dirk Ardelt, Kleve
Prof. Dr. Mirko Bunzel, Karlsruhe
Prof. Dr. Michael Groteklaes, Krefeld
Dr. Britta Pfeffer, Landau in the Palatinate
Dr.-Ing. Barbara Pohl, Darmstadt
Matthias Speth, Essen
Melanie Walther, Bremen
Dr. Elisabeth Werner, Freiburg
Dr. Elisabeth Kapatsina, Frankfurt / Main (GDCh Office)
Maike Bundschuh, Frankfurt / Main (GDCh Office)
Lea Miskovsky, Frankfurt / Main (GDCh Office)
A teacher training commission is set up by the GDCh Board of directors as part of the work of the GDCh to control, monitor and further develop teacher training activities. The members are elected at the suggestion of the Division for chemical education education and appointed for a period of four years; reappointment is possible. The members should work in the Division for chemical education or be members of the GDCh further education commission or of partner organizations involved in the further education program.
The members of the teacher training commission elect a chairperson, who is automatically also a member of the GDCh further training commission. The teacher training committee meets at least once a year.
The teacher training committee performs the following tasks:
- Selection of teacher training centers and proposal for their establishment to the GDCh Board
- Regular definition and publication of framework topics that are to be dealt with as focal points in regional and national teacher training
- Annual selection of suitable events and speakers for the national teacher training events
- Active commitment to the goals of the GDCh teacher training, acquisition of additional partners (e.g. state ministries, regional and national educational institutions)
- Representation of the interests of teacher training to the GDCh Board
- Quality control of individual events in consultation with the GDCh Office
- Periodic evaluation of teacher training centers
- Audit of the financial budget of the teacher training centres
Members of the commission for teacher training
Prof. Dr. Stefan Schwarzer, Tübingen (Chairman)
Prof. Claudia Bohrmann-Linde, Wuppertal
dr Michael Dreyer, Spardorf
dr Thomas Eberle, Darmstadt
Prof. Dr. Richard Göttlich, Gießen
dr Christa Jansen, Friesenheim
dr Marco Rossow, Lueneburg
Prof. Dr. Boris Schmidt, Darmstadt
dr Verena Weidmann, Frankfurt am Main
dr Elisabeth Kapatsina, Frankfurt/Main (GDCh Office office)
last modified: 10.05.2021 14:39 H from C.Kilb