- mediates the exchange of ideas and technical suggestions among the specialist colleagues
- promotes further training for specialist colleagues through conferences at regional, national and international level as well as through courses and seminars
- processed in their working groups all pending scientific, technical, food law and professional questions
- maintains relationships with related companies, committees and associations at home and abroad
- promotes the next generation of scientists in the field of Food Chemistry and honors outstanding achievements from specialist colleagues.
Current focus of work
- Strengthening the perception of the LChG as a scientific society
- education and study
- Promotion of young talent
- Advanced training
- Hearings on bills by the federal, state and EU governments
- Cooperation with other national and international companies
- Consumer education in the press and in other media
Position papers and statements
- Draft of a law amending the law on the professional designation of state-certified food chemists (Food Chemists Act) - statement of the LChG of 19.07. (2019) ( pdf )
- Position paper of the working groups on the Food industry, Food monitoring, quality management & hygiene, Food laboratories, Elements and element species as well as Pesticides of the Food Chemical Society (LChG) on the indication and application of the expanded measurement uncertainty - version from 25.04. (2018) ( pdf )
- Position paper "Structural deficits in Food monitoring - 90 percent of regional authorities without food chemists" (2015) ( pdf )
- Joint statement of the LChG and the BLC on the situation of apprenticeships for state-certified food chemists (2015)
( pdf Appendix 1 )
- Guide to practical training for state-certified food chemists from the Federal Association of Food Chemists in the Public Service (BLC) and the Food Chemical Society (LChG) (2014) ( pdf )
- Position paper "Food Chemistry 2014 - Quo vadis?" ( pdf )
- LChG / BLC for sufficient internship positions for the training of state-certified food chemists as well as uniform training and examination (state examination) ( pdf )
- Position paper of the LChG on the organization of consumer health protection (report by the Federal Audit Office) ( pdf )
- Introduction of Bachelor and Master studies in Food Chemistry ( pdf )
- Position paper of the Food Chemical Society and the Federal Association of Food Chemists in the Public Sector on practical training in official monitoring ( pdf )
The organ of the Food Chemistry Society is the magazine Food Chemistry. It appears with 6 issues per year and is included in the article.
Online access for members
On the occasion of its anniversary (2017), the LChG has summarized its career in the brochure "LChG-Historie - 70 Jahre Food Chemistry Society" (2018)
Order print version
The electronic brochure " Food Chemists - Experts for Food and Consumer Protection " informs the public about the study, professional profile and fields of activity of food chemists (2017) pdf.
In 2009, the LChG published a weekly article in the " Current Newsreel ". The accompanying brochure was printed in 2010. more
The publication series " Food Chemistry, Food Quality " makes the results of working groups of the LChG accessible to interested specialist groups. So far there are 28 individual volumes. The purchase takes place via the Behr's Verlag Hamburg.
Advantages for student members of the LChG
The board of directors of the LChG would like to make membership in our society even more attractive for young colleagues, in addition to the many advantages it already offers. He has therefore decided that new student members will receive a one-time free ticket to the German Food Chemists' Day during the period of their student membership in the LChG. You can use it to determine the year of your participation in the Food Chemists Day yourself. This should make it easier for young academics to gain their first experiences with scientific conferences and to make the first contacts that will later be indispensable for successful professional activity.
In addition, the "Science in Studies" funding initiative was launched in 2016. Through this initiative, students are introduced to science in the early phase of their training, in which their participation in the Food Chemists Day is financially supported. In addition, the participants can be accompanied on the food chemists' day by experienced AG JLCists if they wish. The processing takes place via the AG JLC.
Board of the LChG
In the board are the areas
- Research / University
- Food monitoring
- food industry
- Freelance food chemist
represented by one member each. In addition, there are the chairman and the deputy who come alternately from different areas, as well as the editor-in-chief of the magazine Food Chemistry and a representative of the JLC working group. more
Awards and honors
By awarding prizes and granting scholarships, the LChG honors personalities who have supported the work of the Food Chemistry Society or who have promoted the profession of food chemist (Adolf-Juckenack Medal) or honors and promotes the next generation of scientists (Werner-Baltes- Young Scientist Prize, Bruno Rossmann Prize, Josef Schormüller Scholarship).
Intensive, factual work is done primarily in the working groups. The results, which cover the entire breadth of food chemistry tasks, are widely recognized. They are particularly in demand for the standardization and validation of analysis methods, for the creation of the guiding principles of the German Food Book and for legislative projects by the federal government and the European Community. to the working groups
In order to promote the professional and scientific exchange of ideas among its members, the Food Chemistry Society is part of regional associations
structured, which hold scientific lectures at regular intervals. to the regional associations
49th German Food Chemists Day 2021, 30.08.-01.09., More online
General Assembly 2021
Thu, 23.09., 4 p.m. / Further information will follow Online
Current training courses for 2021 can be found here
Become a 3000th member ...
... and receive a free 1-year LChG membership as well as free participation in an LCh day: To LChG membership
You can find online access in the MyGDCh area under "Specialist groups exclusive" more
Dipl.-Biol. Nicole Bürger
Tel .: +49 69 7917-231