The Division of Coating Chemistry group paint chemistry, formerly Division paints and pigments (APi), is a Division of the German Chemical Society (GDCh). It was founded in 1947 and has around 450 members.
The Division sees its tasks...
- in the active promotion of science and research in the field of coating materials and pigments and related raw materials, products and technologies. With this funding, the Division works to secure a successful location in global competition.
- in the vocational training of chemists and technicians in the coating material and pigment industry through lectures and discussions at the annual specialist group conferences (formerly "APi Conference"), through regional discussion evenings in Leverkusen and Stuttgart and through participation in the biennial FATIPEC congresses at a European level .
- in supporting and promoting young scientists in the field of coating materials, for example through the summer school and discounted participation in the annual Conference.
- in cooperation with other associations, in particular the Association of Engineers in the Paint and Coatings Industry (VILF), the GDCh Divisions for macromolecular chemistry and chemistry of construction materials , and the European FATIPEC.
- in collaborating on technical and political issues of European and German legislation.
Short link to this page: www.gdch.de/lackchemie