The paint Division of Coating Chemistry, formerly the paints and pigments Division (APi), is a Division of the German Chemical Society (GDCh). It was founded in 1947 and has around 450 members.
The Division sees its tasks ...
- actively promoting science and research in the field of coating materials and pigments and associated raw materials, products and technologies. With this funding, the Division to successfully secure locations in global competition.
- in the further training of chemists and technicians in the coating material and pigment industry through lectures and discussions at the annual specialist group meetings (formerly the "APi Conference"), through regional discussion evenings in Leverkusen and Stuttgart and through participation in the biannual FATIPEC congresses at European level .
- in the support and promotion of young scientists in the field of coating materials, e.g. through the summer school and discounted participation in the annual Conference.
- in cooperation with other associations, in particular the Association of Engineers in the Paint and Lacquer Industry (VILF), the GDCh Divisions macromolecular chemistry and the chemistry of construction materials and the European FATIPEC.
- in working on technical and political issues relating to European and German legislation.