The division “Coating Chemistry”, formerly knows as “Coating Materials and Pigments”,
is one of the 26 divisions of the Gesellschaft Deutscher Chemiker (GDCh, German Chemical Society). The division was founded in 1947 and, today, has over 500 members.
• Actively promoting science and research in the field of coating materials and pigments and the related raw materials, products and technologies. Beyond this, the division is working for the successful securing of jobs in Germany but within global competition.
• Further educating chemists and technicians of the coating materials and pigment industry via lectures and discussions during the annual division conferences (formerly “APi-Conference), through regional evening colloquia in Leverkusen and Stuttgart as well as by the collaboration, on a European level, in the FATIPEC Congress taking place every other year.
• Supporting and advancing young scientists and technicians in the area of coating materials, e.g. by offering the Summer School and discounted fees to the annual conference;
• Cooperating with other associations, in particular, the Association of Engineers of the Coating- and Paint Industry (VILF), the GDCh-divisions “Macromolecular Chemistry” and “Construction Chemistry”, and with the European FATIPEC; and
• Helping to address technical and political questions of European and German legislation.
The expert journal of the division, FARBE & LACK (Paint & Coatings), Vincentz Verlag, Hannover, regularly announces the forthcoming annual conferences, which are respectively framed by selected offers. Division members receive a subscription to this magazine at a special price.
In 2007, the division celebrated its 60th anniversary within the scope of its annual conference.
Brochure "60 Years of APi".
In 2010, the 75th Lecture Event of the division was held in Wernigerode (Link to pictures).
During the annual expert conferences, students in the field of coating materials are given an opportunity to advance their education in selected areas. The participation is funded by the division and by sponsors. The next Summer School, “Coatings and Colourants”, will be held before the 82nd Coating Conference in Bayreuth in 2018.
zuletzt geändert am: 01.06.2018 09:04 Uhr von M.Fries