The Working Group Vocational Education of the German Chemical Society (GDCh) represents the interests of members of non-academic chemistry occupations such as chemical technical assistants, chemical laboratory workers or chemical technicians.
The Working Group Vocational Education aims to
- Bring together persons who are either currently trainees or have completed their occupational training in the sector of chemistry or related fields at school or in industry;
- Create a platform for the exchange of ideas and experiences;
- Give new professional impulses;
- Work independently of unions, employer associations or organizations of the chemical industry;
- Maintain contact to the responsible ministries of the German states, the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs, the expert associations and other interest groups with respect to educational issues and amendments;
- Exchange information regularly with schools and companies offering vocational training in order to evaluate the current situation of all average chemical occupations, and
- Expand the offers for continuing education for non-academic occupational groups.