Historic Chemical Landmarks

Historic Chemical Landmarks

With its Historic Chemical Landmarks Programme, begun in 1999, the GDCh has been honouring achievements in chemistry that are of historical rank.

Formal ceremonies are held to designate as historical landmarks the sites of major achievements by notable chemists. The purpose of the programme is to fan the flame of chemistry's cultural inheritance – to see that chemistry and its impact on history shine brightly in the public eye.

For each of these events, a commemorative brochure is published in German describing in layman's terms the scientific work of the person honoured and the role his or her work plays in our world today.

Find a Landmark

 

 

Contact

Barbara Köhler, GDCh

Varrentrappstr. 40-42
60486 Frankfurt, Germany

Fax: +49 (0)69 7917 1323

E-mail: b.koehler@gdch.de

zuletzt geändert am: 09.10.2015 - 11:31 Uhr von t3_paasche